The following simulation exercises (beta release) are available. Please note that all command statements need to be typed in FULL and in small case, unless otherwise specified. The simulations are helpful to measure one's preparedness to take the actual exam, and should not be used as a sole learning tool itself (Its highly recommended to have hands-on experience on a router.).
Hostname motd banner exercise
2. Interface configuration exercise
3. IGRP routing configuration exercise
4. Frame Relay configuration on an interface
5. RIP Routing configuration exercise
6. Console and vty configuration exercise
Pre-requisites for properly attempting the simulations: The candidate is expected to have had hands-on practice sessions with router configuration before attempting the simulations given above. This would facilitate in properly attempting commands, and diagnosing the connectivity problems.
1. Be familiar with basic router IOS commands, how and when to use them.
2. Be familiar with router configuration commands, such as RIP, IGRP, Frame Relay
3. Practice router troubleshooting command such as show interface, show controllers, and check for clockrate, IP address, subnet mask, DTE/DCE status etc. and ensure compliance with the given values.
Check back, more simulation exercises will be added soon!!
For any comments / suggestions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org