The Internet is changing life as we know it—bringing new opportunities to communities throughout the world, and increasing the global demand for information technology (IT) skills. Innovations such as social networking, cloud computing, and mobile devices are changing the way we live, work, play, and learn. These innovations are all powered by networks, and there is a shortage of qualified IT candidates to design, install, and manage these networks.
The Cisco Networking Academy® IT Essentials curriculum provides an introduction to the technical skills needed to help meet the growing demand for entry-level IT professionals. The curriculum covers the basics of computers, mobile device hardware, and software, while introducing advanced security and networking concepts and the responsibilities of an IT professional.
The curriculum offers the following features and benefits:
• Students develop working knowledge of how computers operate, how to assemble computers, and how to troubleshoot hardware and software issues.
• Updated relevant curriculum and labs are delivered in the Cisco Networking Academy learning environment and include new topics such as data centers and cloud computing.
• Expanded coverage on mobile device hardware and software configuration, plus diagnostics and common security threats and vulnerabilities like malware, phishing, spoofing and social engineering.
• Emphasis on the practical application of skills and procedures needed for hardware and software installations, upgrades, and troubleshooting.
• Cisco® Packet Tracer simulation-based learning activities promote the exploration of networking and network security concepts, while allowing students to experiment with network behavior.
• Online assessments provide immediate feedback to support the evaluation of knowledge and acquired skills.
• The course helps students develop the career skills needed to successful communicate within an IT business environment and interact with customers.